Lil Peep And ILoveMakonnen Link Up One More Time For ‘Sunlight On Your Skin’



Getty Images

Last week, iLoveMakonnen unveiled a collaboration with late singer and rapper Lil Peep the pair made before Peep’s untimely death in November 2017. That song, “Falling Down,” also featured contributions from rapper XXXTentacion, who Makonnen said hopped on the track after being inspired after Peep’s death. X was killed earlier this year, making “Falling Down” a melancholy posthumous link-up between the two.

Now, Makonnen has released an alternate version of the song, called “Sunlight on Your Skin,” that features his own vocals alongside Peep’s. It’s largely the same as the one we heard last week, but Makonnen’s vocals add some additional lyrical melodies between Peep’s gravelly recitation of the chorus.

Makonnen posted a clip of the song on Instagram on Thursday (September 27) with the simple caption, “For all the OGs.” He also took to Genius to annotate the song, adding some commentary about the contents and inspiration behind the song.

“Rainy days when you’re together but sunny days when you’re apart, you love each other so much that you would rather spend the rainy days together than to have the sunny days alone, even though the sunny weather is preferred by most,” he wrote. “So it’s like we will stay together all these rainy days and I’m with you until the weather changes, because the love is that strong.”

Check out “Sunlight on Your Skin” above, and dive into the story behind “Falling Down” in the MTV News video below.

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2xIHGTU
via IFTTT

‘A Star Is Born’s first song is transcendent

By Kellen Beck

If this song doesn’t give you chills, I feel bad for you.

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper give an unbelievable performance in the song “Shallow” for A Star Is Born, creating a heartfelt, moving track that deserves an award. No, all the awards. Cooper’s voice is great. Lady Gaga is transcendent. 

And yes, this the song with the famous Lady Gaga vocal.

SEE ALSO: Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star is Born’ left critics with stars in their eyes

“Shallow” is the first song released from the upcoming A Star Is Born movie, which dives into theaters Oct. 5. Now please release the rest of the songs.

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2xXoQHE
via IFTTT

Macedonian president urges voters to boycott name referendum

'Voting in a referendum is a right, not an obligation,' Macedonia's president told the UN General Assembly [Besar Ademi/Anadolu Agency]
‘Voting in a referendum is a right, not an obligation,’ Macedonia’s president told the UN General Assembly [Besar Ademi/Anadolu Agency]

Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov called on voters to boycott this weekend’s referendum on a name change, saying the country was being asked to commit “historical suicide”.

Macedonians vote on Sunday on whether to add “North” to their country’s official name in an effort to overcome a 27-year-old argument with neighbouring Greece.

Athens has refused to recognise Macedonia‘s name since the Balkan country declared independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, arguing it belongs solely to its northern province called Macedonia.

In protest, Greece has blocked Macedonia from NATO and the European Union, although a “yes” vote should pave the way for entry into both organisations.

“Voting in a referendum is a right, not an obligation,” Ivanov told the UN General Assembly on Thursday.

“On September 30, I will not go out and vote and I know that you, my fellow citizens, will make a similarly wise decision.”

Athens has also forced the country to use the name Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) at the United Nations.

‘Noose around our necks’

Speaking on the third day of debate at the annual UN General Assembly meeting, Ivanov – whose position is largely ceremonial and is not a member of the governing party – said the Macedonian people were effectively being asked to commit “historical suicide,” likening the referendum to a “noose around our necks”.

“This referendum could lead us to become a subordinate state, dependent on another country,” he said. “We will become a state in name only, not in substance.”

The referendum comes as a result of an agreement reached between Macedonia’s Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and his Greek counterpart Alexis Tsipras in June.

Ivanov is a member of the right-wing nationalist VMRO-DPMNE party, which has been heavily critical of the deal.

The president vetoed the Zaev-Tsipras accord back in June after it was initially voted through by legislators, but he was obliged to approve the referendum the following month after a second vote in parliament. 

SOURCE: News agencies

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2Oo51Ux
via IFTTT

Dr. Ford testified before 17 male senators and just four women

Of the 21 senators who serve on the committee, just four are women.
Of the 21 senators who serve on the committee, just four are women.

Image: Getty Images

2016%2f09%2f16%2fe5%2fhttpsd2mhye01h4nj2n.cloudfront.netmediazgkymde1lzew.e9fc9By Heather Dockray

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford delivered gut-wrenching testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday — and not to the most representative audience, either.

Kavanaugh’s accuser told her story to 17 male Senators and just four female Senators today.  Female prosecutor Rachel Mitchell was also on the panel to assist in the questioning. The eleven Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee are all white men. 

SEE ALSO: Someone left a poignant note for Christine Blasey Ford ahead of the Kavanaugh hearing

All four female senators — Senator Klobuchar of Minnesota, Senators Harris and Feinstein of California, and Senator Hirono of Hawaii — are Democrats. 

Senate Republicans frequently deferred to Mitchell, who they hired to question Ford during the hearing.

The images alone are arresting.

Senator John Cornyn of the Judiciary Committee expressed skepticism of Dr. Ford before the hearing

Senator John Cornyn of the Judiciary Committee expressed skepticism of Dr. Ford before the hearing

Image: drew angerer/Getty Images

Women could mostly be seen in the audience of the hearing.

The Senate is scheduled to vote on Judge Kavanaugh Friday morning.

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2xUMGEb
via IFTTT

Oppo’s next flagship might have an unearthly 10GB of RAM

Oppo apparently plans to launch a Find X variant with a gargantuan 10GB of RAM:
Oppo apparently plans to launch a Find X variant with a gargantuan 10GB of RAM:

Image: Ray Wong/Mashable

2016%2f09%2f16%2f6f%2fhttpsd2mhye01h4nj2n.cloudfront.netmediazgkymdezlza1.53aeaBy Stan Schroeder

The age of double-digit RAM in smartphones is upon us. 

Leaker Ice Universe (via The Leaker) has dug out a filing with TENAA, a Chinese regulatory body, for Oppo’s next Find X variant, which will have a whopping 10GB of RAM. 

The filing reveals one other tidbit about the phone: it will also have 256GB of storage. There’s no word on where or when it might launch, though. 

We’ve seen phones with as much as 8GB of RAM — the OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and Oppo’s original Find X come to mind — but we’ve never seen a phone with 10GB of RAM, certainly not one coming from a major phone maker. 

SEE ALSO: Oppo’s Find X is the notch-free, all-display phone of your dreams

Does this ungodly amount of RAM even makes sense? It definitely depends on how the phone manages memory, but theoretically — especially if you’re a really demanding user — it might speed things up a little. 

Senseless or not, it was probably inevitable. PCs that have 32GB of RAM or more aren’t uncommon these days, and smartphones are constantly catching up in terms of computing power and memory size. The first-ever iPhone, which kickstarted the smartphone revolution, came out in 2007 with 128MB of RAM. The latest smartphone from Apple, the iPhone XS, has 4GB of RAM. In other words, things aren’t stopping here; Oppo was just the first to get to number ten. 

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2OiaImL
via IFTTT

Ryder Cup 2018: Friday Tee Times, TV Schedule, Pairings and Predictions

US team captain Jim Furyk holds the trophy as he takes part in a team photograph ahead of the 42nd Ryder Cup at Le Golf National Course at Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, south-west of Paris on September 26, 2018. (Photo by FRANCK FIFE / AFP)        (Photo credit should read FRANCK FIFE/AFP/Getty Images)

FRANCK FIFE/Getty Images

Jim Furyk and Thomas Bjorn have named their pairings for the opening day of the 2018 Ryder Cup. Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau will open for holders USA against Europe’s pairing of Justin Rose and Jon Rahm.

Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler will go against Rory McIlroy and Thorbjorn Olesen, while Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas will play Paul Casey and Tyrrell Hatton.

Finally, Patrick Reed and Tiger Woods face Francesco Molinari and Tommy Fleetwood after picks were made at the opening ceremony on Thursday.

Friday Tee Times (BST/ET, per Wayne Staats of the tournament’s official website)

Morning Fourballs

  • 2:10 a.m./7:10 a.m. Match 1

    2:25 a.m./7:25 a.m. Match 22:40 a.m./7:40 a.m. Match 32:55 a.m./7:55 a.m. Match 4

Afternoon Foursomes

  • 7:50 a.m./12:50 p.m. Match 1

    8:05 a.m./1:05 p.m. Match 28:20 a.m./1:20 p.m. Match 38:35 a.m./1:35 p.m. Match 4

TV Info: Sky Sports Ryder Cup, Golf Channel

Live Stream: Sky Go, RyderCup.com

This article will be updated to provide more information on this story as it becomes available.

Get the best sports content from the web and social in the new B/R app. Get the app and get the game.  

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2zABQW4
via IFTTT

Guatemala’s military carried out genocide, court rules

Guatemala City – Guatemalan judges have unanimously ruled that the country’s military carried out genocide and crimes against humanity, but in a 2-1 decision acquitted former intelligence chief Jose Mauricio Rodriguez of any involvement.

According to the decision, handed down late on Wednesday, there was no evidence Rodriguez was involved in or ordered others to take part in the genocide during the country’s decades-long armed conflict.

Over the course of the war, which began in 1960 and formally ended in 1996, more than 200,000 people were killed and another 43,000 were forcibly disappeared. More than 80 percent of the victims were indigenous Maya people. The worst of the atrocities took place in the Maya Ixil region, 225km northwest of Guatemala City.

“Inhuman acts were committed against the civilian population,” said tribunal president Maria Eugenia Castellanos.

“We are moved,” she added, referring to the countless survivors’ testimonies of military forces carrying out killings, massacres, rape, theft of children, bombing, displacement and forced starvation.

Dissenting judge

Rodriguez, along with former dictator Efrain Rios Montt, was accused of carrying out the massacre of nearly 1,800 Ixil civilians and disappearing tens of thousands others from March 23, 1982, through July 31, 1983.

Judge Sara Yoc, the dissenting vote on the Rodriguez ruling, said the former military intelligence commander absolutely would have known that the military was carrying out genocide and crimes against humanity. His role was to monitor and supervise intelligence-gathering from all regions, including information gathered through torture, she added.

“To me, [Rodriguez] is responsible for genocide,” Yoc said.

Former Intelligence chief Jose Mauricio Rodriguez greets supporters after being acquitted of committing genocide [Jeff Abbott/Al Jazeera]

Wednesday’s verdict came five years after Rios Montt, who seized power during the 1982 military coup, was convicted of genocide and crimes against humanity. Rodriguez was acquitted at the time.

But those verdicts were swiftly overturned by the country’s Constitutional Court, setting up a repeat of much of the trial, which began last October. Rios Montt, who was deemed unfit for court appearances or prison due to his dementia, died at the age of 91 last year.

Prior to Wednesday’s verdict, Rodriguez denied any involvement.

“I am sure that I am innocent,” he told the court. “I did not do or order others to do all the things it’s said happened.”

‘A crime was committed, but no one is responsible’

Following the verdict, genocide survivors filed out of the building to applause and chants of “yes, it was genocide” from those gathered outside.

Edwin Canil, the president of the Associated for Reconciliation and Justice (AJR), said despite the not guilty verdict in Rodriguez’s case, the determination that genocide did occur is key.

“It’s huge for this country,” Canil told Al Jazeera, adding that the AJR will discuss how to seek justice.

A man holds his head in his hands as the court reads their decision to acquit former intelligence chief Jose Mauricio Rodriguez [Jeff Abbott/Al Jazeera] 

At the same time, Canil sees the full ruling as somewhat contradictory, in that genocide was confirmed but no one has been convicted.

“A crime was committed but no one is responsible,” he said, describing the tribunal’s verdict.

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2QdPQdH
via IFTTT

Dark Phoenix Unleashes Jean Grey’s Inner Rage In X-Men Sequel Trailer



20th Century Fox

After months of delays, the first trailer for Dark Phoenix is finally here, and this is not the space saga we were expecting. That’s not to say that director-writer Simon Kinberg’s take on the famous X-Men story line isn’t going to space — it’s already been confirmed that a rescue mission in space triggers Jean Grey’s transformation into the Phoenix — but it seems like an odd choice to omit that from the first look at the anticipated superhero flick. After all, the Shi’ar are badass.

Starring Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner as the troubled mutant, Dark Phoenix takes place 10 years after the events of Apocalypse, and Jean’s telekinetic and telepathic powers are stronger than ever.

Similar to X-Men: The Last Stand, it looks like Professor Xavier (James McAvoy) has put some sort of mental block on Jean to suppress the horrible memory of her causing her parents’ deaths. “I had to keep her stable,” Charles admits. But when Jean ultimately uncovers the truth, she runs to Magneto (Michael Fassbender). “You’re always sorry, Charles,” Magneto says, “and there’s always a speech, and nobody cares.”

Now it’s Jean Grey versus the X-Men, and some mutants may be swapping sides. Beast (Nicholas Hoult) can be seen standing alongside Magneto in the trailer. And at least one X-Man isn’t making it to the final showdown, as several members can be seen attending a funeral. Jessica Chastain also appears as the film’s enigmatic villain, Smith, who looks to stokes the flames of Jean’s inner rage.

“She’s all rage, pain, and it’s all coming out at once.”

Dark Phoenix hits theaters on February 14, 2019.

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2zABLSg
via IFTTT

Russian hackers are taking their cyber warfare to the next level

Russian hackers are upping the ante of their cyberattacks.

The next level of cyber warfare may not be here thanks to the latest weapon being utilized by Russian hackers.

SEE ALSO: Cryptocurrency exchange claimed it was ‘practically impossible’ to hack. It was hacked.

Researchers with the cybersecurity company ESET have discovered what is believed to be the first known UEFI rootkit malware used in a cyber attack. In a blog post, ESET explains:

“The discovery of the first in-the-wild UEFI rootkit is notable for two reasons. First, it shows that UEFI rootkits are a real threat, and not merely an attractive conference topic. And second, it serves as a heads-up, especially to all those who might be in the crosshairs of Sednit. This APT group, also known as APT28, STRONTIUM, Sofacy and Fancy Bear, may be even more dangerous than previously thought.”

If the name “Fancy Bear” sounds familiar, it’s because they’re the hacking group embedded in Russia’s GRU intelligence agency that has been found responsible for the 2016 DNC emails hack and various misinformation campaigns surrounding the US elections. Earlier this summer, special counsel Robert Mueller indicted a number of Russian nationals with the Fancy Bear hacking group for their role in these attacks.

Previously these Russian hackers had deployed various methods ranging from social engineering to spear-phishing emails as the means of their attacks. This discovery of sophisticated rootkit malware being deployed takes this all to a whole new level.

This instance of malware has been dubbed LoJax as it copies portions of LoJack’s Absolute LoJack software, which is intended to find stolen laptops and remotely wipe the hard drive of a missing computer. Because of this, this rootkit malware only affects PCs.

The main issue with rootkit malware is that it embeds itself into a computer’s firmware and can’t be easily removed. Reinstalling the operating system or replacing the hard drive of the computer will not cut off the hackers’ access to the device. In fact, according to ESET, the main two options of recourse once infected is to manually reflash a computer’s memory with new firmware, which is a fairly difficult, technical process, or to just completely replace the computer’s motherboard. Basically, if a computer is compromised by LoJax, your best option is probably to toss that computer in the trash.

According to ESET, different components of the LoJax malware has already been discovered in attacks deployed against “a few government organizations in the Balkans as well as in Central and Eastern Europe. ESET’s investigation concluded that the hackers were ”successful at least once in writing a malicious UEFI module into a system’s SPI flash memory.”

This discovery should serve as a warning that the hacking threat is only escalating as malicious actors look to fool-proof future methods of attack.

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2ORPt8f
via IFTTT

Sophie Turner says ‘Game of Thrones’ finale will divide fans

While promoting her upcoming film Dark Phoenix, Sophie Turner teased the Game of Thrones finale (which caused “a lot of tears”) as one that may divide the show’s loyal fan base. 

“I think a lot of fans will be disappointed and a lot of fans will be over the moon,” she said.

SEE ALSO: Peter Dinklage says ‘Game of Thrones’ ending is like saying goodbye to family

“As an actor it was really satisfying,” she told IGN of filming the finale. “I think for everyone, everyone’s storylines — to be able to act out the way that it all ends. It was really satisfying for us. Who knows if it will be satisfying for the fans. I think a lot of fans will be disappointed and a lot of fans will be over the moon, I think. I think it will be really interesting to see people’s reactions, but for me reading the script it was just like heartbreaking…”

Turner (along with Maisie Williams) has grown up on Thrones; Sansa Stark’s arc over the series has been one of the most transformative and devastating on the entire show.

“Over the course of the series she’s been completely unaware of what she wants, where she wants to be, who she really is, and at the end of this season, I feel she is the most self-assured character in the show,” Turner said in the interview.

Game of Thrones returns in 2019.

Read More

from Daily Trends Hunter https://ift.tt/2OfJhdc
via IFTTT